Study habits to develop and Memorization Tips .


I am nearing the end of my grade 11 year and just wanted to share the study habits that I developed (and I wished I picked up from the start)when taking up VCE for the first time.

1. Learning Style - There are a bunch of learning styles such as (visual learning, auditory learning and physical learning). I for one learn through visuals and Jotting down notes over and over annnd over again just to get it through my head,

2. Always have a planner - If you're a starbucks fan (like me) - I usually just use my starbucks planner that I get at the end of the year through collecting stickers and what not. Having a planner is really useful to write down reminders for school and writing down goals. I also get if you don't like planners... so I recommend using your phone or any device that can store details of reminders.

3. Have a specific time to do homework - If you get distracted by alot of things (like me) you should set a time in the day to get work done. In my case, this study habit wasn't really developed I just had it pounded into my head when I was younger. Just have an alarm on what time you need to do your homework.

4. Find a "study zone"- Find a place where you find comfort in studying and where you can be really productive. Usually I just hang around in my room as it is very quiet and nobody really disturbs me.

5. REST - It is 100% important to get things done, but if you're really drained from all the school activities - you need to take a power nap and regain that energy that
you've lost. When you wake up, drink water And you'll be good to go.


LOGICAL

Focus on the order, type things out, to memorize, put them back into correct order.Use lists to extract important points use statistics and analytics to explore details.

VISUAL

Color code your notes and utilize it to draw attention to important information. Draw pictures, diagrams, & graphs to recall & retain information.

AUDITORY

Record lectures to listen to again to absorb more
information. Read and repeat facts out loud to memorize with association. Use acronyms, watch videos & participate in discussions with peers.

LINGUISTIC

Utilize techniques that involve speaking and writing. Present and teach information to peers to better understand yourself. Repetition out loud is helpful as well!

 TACTILE

Link movement with words. Pacing,chewing gum, and other small movements can help you remember things. Create your own quizzes and flashcards. Arrange them
into groups by color or topic.


Note: You may get distracted (trust me, it's normal) - try to think about the time you're wasting not getting work done and how much time you could've saved to do whatever you wanna do after getting things done. 

-BLESSEDWITHBESTT 

Post a Comment

0 Comments