Secret Study Tips I wish somebody told me:


1: if you're making a study guide: make it like you're going to give it to somebody. I always make them like I'm going to give it to my friend . What would she need to know? How's the best way I can tell her this info?

2: if you're making flash cards: don't make ones for stuff you already know just to have a complete set of 40 or something. Make 3 flash cards if 3 quick things is all you need. Make them even for subjects you wouldn't normally think you'd need them for. Chemistry concepts are great for flash cards especially those little concept hints that help direct what is happening in your reactions etc

3: Stop after a few sections of reading and make sure you actually can recall what you just learned and summarize it. Did you actually learn it or did your eyes just read the words?

4: Spend more time on your homework each week and you'll need less time studying later. I cannot stress this enough. Do your homework the right way the first time. Actually struggle through the problems, get answers from your TA on the ones you can't do WEEKLY then when the exam rolls around, you won't have 4 chapters you kinda understand and a million level 1 practice problems you need to complete so you'll have more time for practice exam level questions.

5: Make up your own study games. I love to make up flash card games when I get tired of a subject.

6: Distractions come every day, every hour, every minute and every second . Choose a specific subject you want to study for example Set a timer for 25 mins and work on that subject alone

After that, take a 5 mins break and switch subject I can’t really work with the 25 mins thing because I feel it’s too short for me to understand (Yes! I’m a slow learner). So, I use 1hr 30 mins to study a subject, take a 15 min break (to play my guitar, of course) and then I switch to another subject.Sometimes, I don’t switch, I remain on that same subject but I make sure to take breaks and avoid mental breakdowns.

Final words:
IF YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE, YOU HAVE TO TRY HARD, YOU HAVE TO KEEP TRYING,
DON'T LOSE FOCUS
YOUR MIND IS GETTING
DIVERT, YOU DON'T
WANT TO STUDY BUT YOU SHOULD STUDY YOU
HAVE TO STUDY HARDER. 
FOR YOURSELF AND FOR YOUR FAMILY. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments